Rewire in Pro Tools 10 Windows 7

Last post
Soundremake's picture
Soundremake
Offline
Last seen 5 months 2 weeks ago

Rewire in Pro Tools 10 Windows 7

The transport plugin does't appear in Pro Tools 10.

andre's picture
andre
Online
Last seen 1 hour 2 min ago

Have you checked this: http://users.cognitone.com/tutorial/synfire-daw-pro-tools

Is this after updating Synfire? Did it work before?

Soundremake's picture
Soundremake
Offline
Last seen 5 months 2 weeks ago

Yes, I checked. Is after updating . Didn't try it before

andre's picture
andre
Online
Last seen 1 hour 2 min ago

By coincidence, this same issue was reported in another thread (http://users.cognitone.com/topic/no-daw-transport-found). The fix there was to add a Drone to the DAW. I don't know why this "fixed" anything, as it should have worked anyway, but maybe the DAW flushed some cache or something.

Did you install other software with ReWire support lately? If so, re-installing Synfire might help, as the other software might have replaced the shared ReWire library.

Soundremake's picture
Soundremake
Offline
Last seen 5 months 2 weeks ago

This doesn't fix it in Pro tools. I reinstalled Synfire, don't have other daw software. I give up this one.

the other problem I have is I can't play external synths with my RME UC audio/midi card. I'm sure everithing is connected right ( spend many hours with the manual). I love the concepts of this software, but it doesn't  work everything. Expensive and time consuming. Lets see if at least works with vsti.

andre's picture
andre
Online
Last seen 1 hour 2 min ago

For external synths, please check my reply on the other thread.

Are you on Windows or Mac?

The only thing I could imagine why Transport would not appear would be an issue with PT 10 not accepting its digital security signature. Avid has extremely strict requirements for signing AAX plugins. These might have changed between 10 and 12. It works and was tested with PT 12. We could not test with PT 10, as it is no longer available to developers (if I remember correctly). If your problem persists, we will contact Avid for a solution. Please contact support at cognitone dot com or open a support ticket.

Also try the Synfire 1.8 update. I am not aware of significant changes in the digital signing tools since the last version was released (we have no influence on that), but who knows.

Soundremake's picture
Soundremake
Offline
Last seen 5 months 2 weeks ago

I'm in windows 7 64. Pro tools 10.

andre's picture
andre
Online
Last seen 1 hour 2 min ago

Sorry, I confused ReWire with AAX here. I'm not aware that ReWire modules would require Avid approved digital signatures to work with PT 10. With PT 12 this is not the case.

Synfire installs ReWire 1.8.5 while some other software might install version 1.7 or even earlier versions. If you re-install Synfire, that should make sure 1.8.5 is installed.

Since PT 10 is a 32 bit application, so make sure you installed both 32 bit and 64 bit Audio Engines. This is done by default, but it is possible to selectively uninstall one Audio Engine.

This may also be a ProTools bug. It has been reported that PT does scan for ReWire modules only once and will not notice when new ones are added. Although this was reported for PT 11, it may have been this way before. The solution is to force a re-scan in ProTools:  http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2013/7/26/pro-tools-11-rewire-...

Log in or register to post comments

Scholarly Lite is a free theme, contributed to the Drupal Community by More than Themes.