Direkt zum Inhalt

300 Free MIDI Chord Progressions

Posted

Click here to download 300 royalty-free chord progressions <<< 

A company called Hyperbits recently sent me a link to download 300 chord progressions in MIDI format. They're giving this away for free to anyone who clicks the link, so I thought maybe some on this forum might be interested. 

How I use this:

I of course imported the MIDI into a library so in the future I can drop the figures into an arrangement. But I also added the Harmony parameter from each progression in that library to a different library I named Harmony, with a subfolder named Hyperbits. All the Harmony library contains is Harmony parameters. This makes it very easy to quickly apply the various progressions (chord changes) to an arrangement, auditioning several progressions until I find one that fits the arrangement (or close to it).

I've found these progressions to be more useful than other such collections I've used. They're all sourced from hit pop songs.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this doesn't violate copyright, since the collection doesn't contain actual MIDI arrangements of the songs, but just the chord progressions (or part of the progressions) used by those songs. And of course, a chord progression cannot be copyrighted.