Chromaphone 3 Problem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hangdog Cat's picture
Hangdog Cat
Offline
Last seen 2 days 5 hours ago

Chromaphone 3 Problem

I just installed a VST called Chromaphone 3 (by Applied Acoustic Systems) on my computer, and have added it to the private rack of my Synfire template.

However, there is a problem with the display of Chromaphone. The first time I try to view Chromaphone after adding it to the rack, it will display the way it's supposed to. I can see the various controls and the Chromaphone keyboard. But if I minimize Chromaphone and then try to view it again, Chromaphone will appear as just a small black rectangle about 2'' x 3" in size. 

Chromaphone's .exe file installed both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. When I choose to add a new module to the rack I see two choices for Chromaphone, but no indication as to which is which. I've tried both of them several times, and no matter which one I choose I have the same display problem.

I tried re-scanning several times.

I also tried using Chromaphone in Cubase, to see if the problem would occur there also. But it works perfectly in Cubase. 

I found this on the AAS website:

"The Chromaphone 3 plug-ins run on both Windows and macOS in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and NKS formats."

So this is apparently not related to the fact that Synfire can't use the VST3 format. Or is it?

andre's picture
andre
Offline
Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago

I have Chromaphone 2 and can't remember this issue, but version 3 may be different.

The 32-bit engine has been long discontinued. If you uninstall and re-install the current Audio Engine, it should be 64-bit only. This may remove some confusion as to bitness. Only one plug-in should be listed then.

VST3 is not needed.

We are working on another 1.10 update with a more current audio engine. That might fix it.

In the meanwhile, try closing the plug-in editor or moving it aside. Minimization may be the culprit.

Hangdog Cat's picture
Hangdog Cat
Offline
Last seen 2 days 5 hours ago

Today Chromaphone has apparently decided to be more cooperative.

I'll consider re-installing the engine, but have concerns that I'll then have to reconfigure my global and private racks. In that case I'd prefer to maintain the staus quo until Synfire 2.0 hits the streets.

Thanks.

Never do more in the morning than you can undo in the afternoon.

Log in or register to post comments

Scholarly Lite is a free theme, contributed to the Drupal Community by More than Themes.