Skip to main content

64 Bit VST instruments not showing up as available in Synfire Pro

Posted

G'day Y'all

Notwithstanding the activation procedure involved for Synfire Pro which would make adoption seem easier due to ambivalent instructions from both ilok and Cognitone....

I finally got it (the ESD version) up and running but after launching the 64 bit audio engine and scanning my 64 bit VST instruments, (90% of which were reported as successfull) very few appear as available from Synfire Pro.

These would include (but are not restricted to) Native Instruments Kontakt 5 and Komplete 10 in its entirety.

Can someone explain why these instruments are not available for selection after the scan?

I truly do love this software but am finding it a royal pain in the rear to configure....

Hope you can assist

Tue, 2015-10-06 - 09:19 Permalink

Hello,

being on the Audio&MIDI Setup->Sounds->Rack window, click on the Audio Engine tab and then on the cogwheel. In the dropdown list you will see the option "Scan Installed plugins". If you click on it, a pop-up window will come up (but maybe it won't get the focus so have a look at the background) and at this place there are the VST Paths Synfire searches in. Make sure that your Kontakt and Komplete plugins are actually placed in one of the directories listed here. If not, add the corresponding location and start the scan.

Best regards,

Miloslav

Tue, 2015-10-06 - 15:47 Permalink

Many thanks for the response and I think I probably owe everyone an apology (didn't realise there were individual scans required for the 32 bit and 64 bit engines) I've now got a global rack set up which includes all my 'go to' 64 bit VSTis and FX. Once again, just want to reiterate I'm loving the software but am finding the transition from some of my ingrained DAW thinking to the completely unique and inimitable concepts underlying Synfire Pro to be a real game changer.

Synfire Pro is probably the only software on the market that can identify correctly the chords I habitually use in my own music without resorting to closest match fudges etc