On some Windows PCs the toolbar icons appear as boxes or squares after installation.
Synfire installs custom fonts in C:\Program Files\Cognitone\Synfire\System\Fonts and C:\Windows\Fonts\Synfire. Possible reasons why these fonts are not installed or cannot be found by Synfire are:
- Synfire was running in the background while you installed an update.
- An anti-virus tool or similar utility prevented the fonts from being installed or blocks them from being opened and used.
- Your installation of Windows 10 is older than version 1803 (released in April 2018)
First please check whether the fonts are installed.
- Look in C:\Program Files\Cognitone\Synfire\System\Fonts for OTF files that start with "Synfire".
- Look in C:\Windows\Fonts\Synfire and verify the same files are installed there.
- Open the system control panel "Fonts" and search for "Synfire" (2 fonts, 4 styles).
If the fonts are missing you need to install the fonts manually.
- Open the folder with your downloaded installation files.
- Open the folder FontsFolder and Synfire.
- Select all fonts and pick "Install fonts for all users" from the right-click menu. Confim that you want to replace existing fonts (if necessary).
This requires Synfire 2.3.6 build 2 or later.